Sunday, August 30, 2009

Arrval

After two orientations, three plane rides and other transitions, I have finally arrived at my host family. I arrived Saturday night around 8 pm after my host father had picked me up from my orientation. We took a cab to Giza from Cairo. Once you cross the Nile from Cairo, you are in Giza. It was neat to see all the apartments, beautiful mosques, and crazy streets. It was all very captivating. My host family has an apartment on the 5th floor. It is very nice and very spacious. The whole family is extremely hospitable and welcoming. They have made me feel very comfortable and safe. Because of Ramadan, we stay up very late. It is nice to be able to talk with my host family though. The sights and sounds of this place are amazing. I look forward to the adventures to come in the next 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment